Just days before its originally scheduled launch (September 30th), Square Enix has announce that Life is Strange: Remastered Collection will finally arrive on February 1, 2022. It will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC, and Google Stadia. The delay may be worth it, as the game is said to feature completely remastered visuals for both the characters and the environments, improved animations, refined and updated puzzles, and upgrades to the game engine and lighting. It will also include the Chloe Outfits & Farewell bonus episode.
Here’s the full gist as shown on the official PlayStation store:
Return to Arcadia Bay and experience two award-winning Life is Strange games like never before! Remastered visuals and animation breathe new life into the great cast of characters and gripping stories.
The Life is Strange Remastered Collection includes ‘Life is Strange Remastered’ and ‘Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered’.
- Remastered visuals across characters and environments
- Vastly improved character animation using full facial mocap performance (Life is Strange Remastered only)
- Updated and refined gameplay puzzles
- Engine and lighting upgrades
- Choice and consequence driven stories with multiple endings
- Harness the power of Max’s rewind ability or Chloe’s quick-witted attitude to change the course of events
- Distinct licensed soundtrack & original scores
Preordering is now open with the incentive of receiving the “Zombie Crypt” outfit for Chloe and the Life is Strange Remastered Collection Dynamic Theme. The collection includes Life is Strange Remastered and Life is Strange: Before the Storm Remastered.