Guerilla Games, the studio behind the Killzone series and 2017’s Horizon Zero Dawn recently tweeted a job ad on twitter that hints at the rumored Horizon Zero Dawn 2 being a next-gen only game.
The initial tweet, which has now been deleted, was posted with the #PS5 hashtag, but it only lasted online for a few minutes before it was removed and replaced without the peculiar hashtag. The studio is looking for a “Senior AI Programmer who can make a difference in the design and implementation of the systems that make our NPCs come to life.”
Thankfully, the nature of the internet means that once something is posted on the internet it’s there forever, and this is a prime example. The screenshot you see above is all you need to see. Of course, this isn’t the first time we’ve suspected that Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is in the works. Evidence of the game’s developer has existed in older job listings, some of which suggest that it could include more online or multiplayer bits alongside the story-based campaign.
What we would like to know is how far along development is. Recent rumors indicate that we could be seeing more of the Xbox Series X and the PlayStation 5 in the coming weeks, so if it’s slated to be a launch game, we could get our first look at it in the very near future. In the meantime, you should check out some of our more recent next-gen console coverage:
- The Co-Creator of Halo Praises the PS5’s SSD Technology
- Sony May be Limited Day-One PS5 Stock to Avoid Delays
- You Can’t Officially Pre-Order the PS5 Yet, But You Can Arrange to be Notified When You Can
- The Xbox Series X Reportedly Loads Games 4 Times Faster Than the Xbox One
- Yet Another Microsoft Exec Shows Zero Concern for the PlayStation 5
- The Xbox Series X Might Be More Powerful But Industry Insiders Say the PS5 is Better
- Deep Dive: Is the Xbox Series X Better Than the PlayStation 5?