This is not a drill, the Guild Wars 2 world is being invaded by giant cats. Fe don’t know what their mission is or if they’re going to affect the game in any way. The only thing we know is that the” King of all Cats” sent us a message “Meow meow meow meow. Meow meow meow meow.” I am not joking this is the actual message that many players received, call me crazy, but you should check your messages.
If you haven’t loged in to the game today, you will be surprised to see that random giant cats have appeared around the map, and they’re most definitely waiting for something. There are other small updates for players that pay attention to the little details. For example, after you kill a boss, you won’t be facing it again – they can’t come back to life like magic. You will meet a “II” or a “JR.” You’ve never reencountered the same boss, they will most probably have the same abilities, will look the same, but they’re somebody else.
The NPCs will finally tease you for not “announcing that you were coming,” so you can expect more funny interactions when talking to NPCs. If you were having a bad time with your abilities interface, then you won’t like the new changes. If you’ve played for a long time, the interface will get smaller, making it hard to see the abilities. This feature will allow players that “already know their abilities” to focus on the environment more than looking for skills.
Every profession will get a unique skill that will only appear at some events, but for a short time. The main attraction, the cats, will “stick around” for a whole week and will leave the map after April 7th. Here’s a brief rundown of the latest patch updates:
- Bosses in the open world now add “the II,” “Jr.,” and so on after their names when respawning to make it clear that the enemies don’t just magically return to life.
- Home-instance NPCs will now complain that you never call or visit.
- Minis can now be sorted by cuteness in the Hero panel.
- Mostly-Digested Boots can now be consumed.
- All professions now have a unique reaction skill that appears for a fraction of a second during certain events.
- The window of time for clicking the reaction skill is decreased based on account age, because OG players should be really good at the game by now.
- Following the success of Swiss tournaments, we will be gradually rolling out tournaments in other regions of the world.