Developer Torn Banner Studios, publisher Tripwire Presents, and global retail publishing partner Deep Silver announced today the launch of the free Chivalry 2: Fight Knight update for the award-winning multiplayer hit and 2021 nominee for the Golden Joysticks Best PC Game and Best Multiplayer Game of the Year.
Out now for PC (via Epic Games Store), the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One family of devices, and the Xbox Series X|S console systems, the Chivalry 2: Fight Knight update adds an all-new Brawl mode, Last Team Standing mode, and a new swashbuckling Rapier weapon. In addition, combat becomes even more outrageous now that players with dismembered arms can use headbutts for one last chance at taking down rivals. All this and more comes wrapped in a seasonal Halloween event, filling the ultimate medieval battlefield with festive and spooky decorations.
Chivalry 2: Fight Knight Key Features
- Brawl Mode and Maps: Leave your weapons at the door for the all-new brawl mode designed to capture the rowdy and chaotic feel of a tavern brawl. Take a seat! Literally. And then smash someone’s face with it!
- Two Brawl Maps: Up to 40 players can join the fray in The Great Hall and Rudhelm Feast.
- Found Objects: Players can pick up and wield just about anything they can find across the map. Embrace the chaos and grab chairs, beer steins, rolling pins, sausages, and giant fish to beat down your rivals!
- Last Team Standing Mode: Players looking for more realistic team battles can expect the return of top-requested mode from the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare! Stakes are high, as these 40-player battles have no respawns. The last team/person standing is crowned as the winning team.
- Headbutt Combat: It’s only a flesh wound! Chivalry 2’s limb loss combat system sees the most brutal and outrageous update yet. Now, when a player has lost both limbs in combat, they can execute an arm-less headbutt attack for a last chance at taking down an opponent before bleeding out.
- Rapier Weapon: This new fencing weapon type also introduces a new swashbuckling combat style with more focus on fast-movements and flourishes.
- Halloween Event: Running from Oct. 26 through Nov. 7, players can look forward to Chivalry 2’s first-ever seasonal event with new cosmetics, like the pumpkinhelm, and Halloween themed decorations and interactive objects, like giant Jack O Lanterns that can be weaponized.
- Rudhelm Siege, Dark Forest, Great Hall (Brawl mode), and Wardenglade (Free-for-All and Last Team Standing modes) will feature these limited-time Halloween decorations.
- Arena Mode Improvements: New improvements to Arena include an offline practice mode for teams to hone their skills and teamwork as well as overall polish improvements, including a new winner’s podium cutscene.
- Armory Updates: In addition to the new Rapier weapon, players can all look forward to a wide array of new cosmetics and skins to unlock, including armor sets, new female armor skins, new helmet skins, new weapon skins, and even a fancy mustache!