A new hotfix for Borderlands 3 was launched on January 23 fore Xbox One, PC, and PlayStation 4 owners, and the update itself is unobtrusive at its core. All you have to do to get it is wait at the main menu for the message “Hotfixes Applied.” After that, you can start the game and play as you normally would.
The January 23rd hotfix for Borderlands 3 doesn’t address a whole lot, but it does take care of a few issues reported by the community and some perceived progression blockers. Updated textures were applied to Incendiary Badass and Super Badass Varkid while the rewards at the end of Proving Grounds have been updated and adjusted to be more rewarding for all tiers of completion.
This latter adjustment is in response to players’ tendency to run around Proving Grounds for dedicated loot drops from bosses. To combat this and make it more fair, Gearbox has adjusted things so that rewards now reflect the effort we make to complete objectives. When you’ve completed all objectives, you’ll be able to get the best legendary drop rate. Otherwise, your rewards won’t be all that good, so no more milking the system on this one.
In addition to this, bonus radiation damage while Gamma Burst is active was increased from 65-percent to an impressively high 115-percent. This is also where a number of perceived progression blockers were also addressed even though they would only occur in rare and specific situations.
Official Borderlands 3 January 23 Hotfix Patch Notes
- Updated a texture for the Incendiary Badass and Super Badass Varkid
- Adjusted the chest rewards at the end of the Proving Grounds to be more rewarding at all tiers of completion
With more players running the Proving Grounds for dedicated loot drops from the bosses, we noticed the chests not rewarding players as much as we intended. We’ve boosted these chests to reflect the effort players must take to complete the objectives. Completing all of the objectives gives the best legendary drop rate and scales down accordingly.
- Increased bonus radiation damage while Gamma Burst is active from 65% to 115%
We’re happy to see the response to the boosted anointment bonuses we released last week. After additional testing, we want to also boost the effects of Gamma Burst anointments for FL4K.
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker that could occur when the player travels to another map and back to Sanctuary after releasing Tannis during the mission “Sanctuary”
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where players could not speak to Brick during the mission “Hammerlocked” in The Anvil
- Addressed a perceived progression blocker where Ember would sometimes not appear to assist the players in various mission steps