Up until now, if you were playing Firestorm, you probably didn’t want to ride in a vehicle because if it dies, you die. Well, Electronic Arts has mitigated that situation with its latest update by eliminating “permanent vehicle death.” In addition to this, EA has increased the personal Armor Plate limit from three to five, and the heath of downed players has been increased from 200 to 300. EA believes that these changes will encourage players to mix things up mid-match and use vehicles more often as the company previously expected. Finally, the game mode has been adapted to encourage players to jump into the fight with better experience rewards similar to that from more lucrative game modes. The V for Victory game mode notification is now “more special” whatever that means.
“So far in Battlefield 5, vehicle death = total death. In Firestorm that’s discouraged you from making use of Transport and Combat vehicles as often as we’d expect, as once the vehicle’s gone, so are you,” developer DICE explained. “In this update, you’ll find that your body is pushed outside of the vehicle and that you can now be revived when playing in Duo and Squads. This fix is also true across the entire Battlefield 5 experience with this update.”
In addition to all of this, the latest update also brings some fixes to the game, including a color change of the spotting flare, solving the unintentional weapons fire issue, and danger ping timers have been increased from seven seconds to 10. There are also a host of PC-specific updates that were much needed and, honestly, are much appreciated. Here’s the list:
Battlefield V Important Updates May 2019
- We’ve changed the color of the spotting flare on the minimap so that its radius circle is more distinguishable from highlighted objective areas
- If you’ve hopped into the passenger seat of the Schwimmwagen whilst swimming, you’ll find that your weapons and gadgets now work
- Dead players won’t be left in a crawling/prone/alive pose when they’ve been killed
- We’ve fixed a bug that sometimes caused for weapons to be fired unintentionally after performing a revive
- Danger Ping timers have been upped from 7 seconds to 10 seconds
Battlefield V PC-specific Updates May 2019
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes result in mouse input lag after players alt-tabbed the game or switched to windowed mode.
- In Firestorm, players will now be able to initiate matchmaking even in the case that they had previously joined a squad in Firestorm and then left it.
- In Firestorm, players will no longer not be able to matchmake if they had previously played with a squad and the squad leader had quit the game mid-round.
- Fixed a rare flickering issue that could occur on the Narvik deploy screen.
- The hotkey for using the X2 500lb bombs now shows the correct key binding when using the Mosquito FB MKVI.
- In Origin when playing Battlefield V, the Richpresence statuses of your friends are now shown in the localization setting that you (and not your friend) have set.